Sunday, May 31, 2009

Craig's Forest for the Trees

This is a cheat, because I couldn't think of anything this week, and I'm packing up today for a conference I'm attending next week, so I don't even have time to just throw something together. I didn't want to post *nothing*, since I know Q's out this week and next.

This was taken in 2005, driving across Labrador. It's about as close as I've been to being in the middle of nowhere. The Trans Labrador Highway is (or was, at that time) a gravel road between Happy Valley/Goose Bay and Wabush/Labrador City. It's a day long drive with *nothing* but trees, except in the middle when you hit the town of Churchill Falls. All told, on that road trip, we went 2.5 days without seeing asphalt highway.

When I think of forest, I think of this.

No comments: