Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cory's Horizon


No, this isn't a picture of a dusty lens. However, it also isn't the picture I really wanted to post this week.

Way out beyond the horizon are lots of stars, and ever since I moved to New Mexico two years ago I've had plenty of them to look at in my back yard. It started getting warm out this week, so I decided to break out the barn door star tracker that I built last year just in time for the cloudy season to arrive. My plan was to capture a stunning picture of the Milky Way to post, but Saturday and Sunday nights ended up being insanely windy and quite cloudy. So instead I have to post one of my test pictures from earlier in the week. I wasn't pointing at anything in particular in this shot, so there isn't really much to identify. I've marked a couple of recognizable stars in the flickr image though.

I'll have to come up with an excuse to use this thing again when the weather is a little more predictable.

No comments: