Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cory's Action


This successful action shot is the result of a night of failure.  I started out thinking "I know!  I'll take a picture of a car rounding the corner down the street!  I'll use a long lens so it will be all compressed and look really cool!"  But then no cars came.

So next I thought "No problem, I'll do some deep philosophical picture of star trails and comment on how there's a lot of action going on in the sky even though it doesn't look like it!"  But the moon was too bright.

So then I figured "Well, the moon is moving too.  I'll do a series of pictures of the moon with a length of time between them, and then cheat and stack them all together!"  But then the cars started showing up.

So here are the moon and stars standing still in the sky with the action of a car driving past clearly highlighted on the street below.

No comments: