Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ryan's "Swiss Cheese"

So, I went out to shoot with some friends on Saturday. I found this plate of steel trying to look like Swiss cheese:
It's really not a great photo. I should have gotten a picture of this chunk of driftwood after everyone tried to shoot it down. I will enter that photo in another photo contest.

I'm not sure what made the holes through it. It was a decently hard piece of steel. I'm sure a Thompson wouldn't do it. An M16 or M4 is unlikely, and the holes are too big. I'm leaning towards something like this Japanese copy of a German MG 15. A Russian RPD is also a likely suspect. The M2 would definitely punch through, but would leave bigger holes.

We also tried to make pumpkins look like Swiss cheese, but some clown packed them full of explosives.

/rl

No comments: