Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cory's Post 9/11

Lis, Maddy, and I headed up to Minneapolis this last weekend to visit Mary, Sandy, and Will for a few days. On the way I saw this weird trailer go past, and on it was an even weirder sticker. I don't really know what it means: If you threaten us with a revolver, we won't call the police? We'll threaten you with our revolver instead of calling the police? If you have a heart attack or your house is on fire, we'll give you a revolver instead of calling for help? I just can't quite make sense of it.

Whatever the case, when I saw it and managed to get a picture, I turned to Lis and said "That's gonna be my 'Post 9/11' picture!" Had I planned ahead far enough I would have sent myself a postcard on September 11 and then taken a picture of the postmark (Get it? Ha!), but I think this little sticker nicely embodies the subject at hand.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I wish you would have asked them about it. The decal suggests that they have a left handed Smith & Wesson "L" framed revolver. I'd really like to find one. I'm pretty sure it would be the only one ever made.

(Whoever made the decal had an image of the left side of a revolver, then mirrored it to get it to point the other direction.)