Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ryan's "Acronym"

SCUBA, or Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus, is extremely useful when you need to work on the bottom of a pond.



One of the subdivisions I manage had a pipe in the pond that needed to be capped. At one point it contained electrodes for a depth sensor that controlled the well that fills the pond. That system has been removed, leaving a pipe that threatened to drain the pond.

I asked a friend who leads a nearby volunteer fire department's dive team to help me out. For some reason he and a friend were all excited about going swimming in 40 degree (F) water....

/rl

2 comments:

Michael said...

Oh, you got lucky! I thought about going down the Papillion Aquatics Center and try to do a scuba shot, but got all shy about it. Don't know anyone currently taking lessons and its not outside like this!

SCUBA is the word all teachers use as an example when they teach about acronyms. I did not think anyone could pull it off in Nebraska. LOL

Ryan said...

It did work out pretty well. I've never seen anyone dive before. It's pretty odd that the first time I do, it's in the middle of October in Nebraska when I desperately need an "Acronym" photo.