Sunday, October 11, 2009

Craig's Trees For the Forest

We have a new building at work. It borders a forest preserve. Right outside my window, I see a giant oak tree (behind a chain link fence). It has these balconies on floors 2 through 6 that look out over the preserve to the north. It's quite a pretty view.

I had a hard time deciding which shot I liked best. In my runners up, I like this one because it shows the line between the forest and the building pretty nicely. And this one I like because it shows the leaves changing (and I love using my 300mm lens).

But I'm throwing in with this one. I think I like this one best because of the sky. Thus, I present my Trees for the Forest. Without them, Waterfall Glen would be a pretty weird forest preserve.

(Fun fact: Waterfall Glen is not named such because it has a waterfall. It was, in fact, named Rocky Glen, but was renamed in honor of Seymour "Bud" Waterfall.)

(Funner fact: I'm not making that up.)

1 comment:

cluening said...

Funerer fact: the waterfall that does exist in Waterfall Glen is in the portion of the forest referred to as Rocky Glen.

But do you know the name of the creek that flows through it?