Sunday, May 15, 2011

David's "Illustration"



I decided to interpret this week's assignment a lot differently. I had the Casa Grande at the old Los Luceros ranch in northern New Mexico all to myself. The house furnishings are late 18th and early 19th century appliances and furniture - left in tact since it was last used as a residence. When I saw this stove I knew I had my image for the week. The text is taken from an actual Majestic print ad I found via Google's image search.

The photo I used can be seen in its original form here.

2 comments:

cluening said...

I spent a while trying to come up with an idea using this interpretation, but in the end I just didn't manage to do it. I like this one.

Michael said...

We have an old Monarch stove at the farm I meant to take a picture of this weekend. Its half wood, half electric. Not as old as this, but interesting.