Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cory's Big


I'm not going to win any awards with this picture, but it does show off how big the things in our garden are getting. Lis plants cucumbers every year so she can make a big batch of pickles in the fall, and every year we end up with some big cucumber that doesn't get picked all season. So here it is: The Big Cucumber. For scale, this thing is at least a meter tall. At least.

After seeing Mike's post, I should have run down south and taken a picture of the Muffler Man that lives in Wilmington. Oh, well.

2 comments:

cluening said...

Some people didn't seem to believe I had a cucumber as big as I claimed. Here's a picture to prove it, with one of our GIANT cucumbers next to a full-sized, fully-grown, 100% mature, real* tomato.


* Actually an underdeveloped cherry tomato.

cluening said...

Oops, I forgot to actually include the link:

GIANT CUCUMBER