Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ryan's "Architecture"

I had a bit of trouble on this one. There is plenty of interesting architecture around, but it's often difficult to capture. Without a lens (or body) with tilt and shift adjustments it can be impossible to create photos that don't make the viewer dizzy. I counted my pennies and was only around $1898.23 away from being able to get a suitable lens.

I lucked out, though. A friend is moving into the old Columbian School. It was designed by John Latenser, Sr in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. It still looks very much like an old school:



/rl

4 comments:

Michael said...

Hey, you can make one of those lenses out of an old enlarger lens, body cap, and sink plunger.

http://cow.mooh.org/2009/03/building-tilt-shift-plungercam-lens-for.html

Stace said...

Heh. That looks a lot like my older lensbaby.

Ryan said...

Hmmm.....

Michael said...

In fact I bought some body caps for pin-hole photography that I never used...