Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cory's Christmas

On Christmas Eve, we looked out the window and saw this hawk having a nice dinner in the yard across the street. This was kind of unexpected - my parents live smack in the middle of Omaha, nowhere near the wide open country that I normally see these birds in. But wow, this guy sure was enjoying his dinner. I watched somebody else from the neighborhood taking pictures before I did, and he just walked right up next to the hawk to do it. After seeing that I figured I didn't need to worry about scaring it away when I took pictures.

3 comments:

Michael said...

That is great! The wife and I have been talking about the number of hawks out here in Millard. I have not seen them on the ground or fences as much as this year. I have not had a camera ready either. (usually in the car)

cluening said...

Oh! I forgot to mention my alternate picture: An iPhone Christmas

cluening said...

As I thought about this picture some more, I realized it was a good thing I didn't post it for "Easter".