Monday, December 13, 2010

David's "Closed"



I was wonderfully surprised to learn of my grandfather's (mom's dad) old neighborhood recently, thanks to some research by my brother. St. Francis Seraph was the parish of my grandfather from his birth until sometime after he married and moved over to 34th/Central area of KC. The church was closed in 1991 as the parish was merged with others in the area. The rectory (burned to the ground a few years ago, photos to come) and the church buildings were sold to Phoenix Office Supply soon after.

Though most of the lower windows and the doors are secured someone has kicked in the rear door leaving the building wide open.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Very nice, but I think I prefer http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingdogstudios/5257188234/

/rl

FlyingDog said...

That was actually my first choice to submit and kept flipping back and forth over it.