Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cory's Film


My picture isn't on film or of film or anything, it's about film. This weekend was Los Alamos's Winterfest, where they do a bunch of wintery things. Part of it is a nighttime parade with floats from all of the local organizations and lots of county vehicles (garbage trucks, trolley buses, etc.) decked out in lights. It also included the local Shriners in their little cars (what parade doesn't?), and that's where the film part of this post comes in. I took my digital camera along and took oodles upon oodles of pictures of the dark parade knowing that at least one or two of them would come out alright. There's no way I could have done that with film - it would have cost a bunch in film, and the processing the pictures would have cost even more. But electrons are free and plentiful (and 100% recyclable!), so I got the above picture of a little car as it whipped past the bystanders in the background.

No comments: